Thursday, December 11, 2008

THIRD Birthday Party!

Last Sunday, we had a birthday party for Tucker. Had so much fun playing with other kids! It was kind of sad that he is going to be 3 on Christmas Eve, but I was able to keep it together during the birthday party. CONFESSION: I couldn't sing the last "Happy Birthday to you" because I was getting choked up. For some reason I always cry on Tucker's birthday. I don't know if it's because I'm so thankful that he is a healthy, growing, sweet boy or if it's because I know our relationship changes every day and one day he won't cry "MOMMY" anytime he is sad or hurt. I don't need to explain to you Mommies out there what it feels like to love your kids, but sometimes it just gets so intense I cry. Getting off task, I'm blogging about a fun birthday party! This is Tucker's requested "Chockit" cake. On the Sunday before, we went to my Mom's house (which is where this bday party is) for a belated Thanksgiving dinner. After Tucker was done eating his turkey, mashed potatoes and all the other Thanksgiving yummies, he asked for cake. I told him that there wasn't any cake, but that he could try some pie if he wanted to. He said, "No thank you Mommy. I want cake." "Tucker, there's NO cake. You can have pie, ok?" "No, Mommy. I'd like cake please. It's my chockit birthday cake. Where is it?" Poor kid thought we were having this feast for his birthday and he wanted his chocolate birthday cake for dessert!!! How bad did I want to just have a "micro-bake" (...if I knew you were comin', I'd baked you a cake, in my micro-bake! I never had one, but isn't that the jingle from TV? Anyone even know what I'm talking about?) Anyway, this is the FIRST piece of cake for Tucker...more to come...As much fun as Tucker had, let's be honest, this is still an adult party. Check out all the beer and wine in this photo! Hey, we figured we needed to entertain both children and adults! Party on! This is the second piece of cake on birthday party day. He got this after he ate a little bit of real food for dinner. Either way, my kid ate 2 pieces of cake in one day. On Christmas Eve, Tucker will officially turn 3. My baby. My 4 pounds, 2 ounce, 17 inches long, born at 4:28 in the morning, 6 weeks early, in the NICU for 2 weeks, love of my life, baby will be three. Where has the time gone? My eyes are welling up now, so this blog is over...he's not really 3 yet, I refuse to be sad for the next 13 days!!!

2 comments:

Our Snyder Family said...

Bless your heart, you made me join you in the "welling up" venture after reading your words. I can only imagine how fast the time flies, and how, before I know it, I will be feeling the same thing about Brody. My hope is that we are as blessed with a sweet and polite little boy just like Tucker. You have obviously done an amazing job of raising him thus far. By the way, every child's party should include adult fun, too! :)

Angela said...

ok I'm in tears as well...wells of them in my eyes because your words are MY words and my feelings too...it's all so intense it's silly isn't it? :-) Happy Bday Tucker- we love you!