Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mommy's Date with Tucker & Addie

Last night I went on a date (more or less) with Tucker and Addie. We left the house to get Tucker's haircut. The only way I could convince him that he should get his haircut was by telling him that Diego (Go Diego Go) was also getting his hair cut so that he, too, would look handsome for playing at Pump It Up Jr.!! So, a made up story about Diego getting his hair cut and one pretend phone call to Diego to confirm his haircut appointment and his appearance at P.I.U.J., Tucker agreed peacefully to the haircut. After all the hype of wanting to ask Diego if he also got a dum-dum sucker for sitting so nice at his haircut...he was very afraid of big-headed, non-human looking, mute Diego (wonder why?? ha ha ha). Tucker finally warmed up and would give Diego a high-five as he ran past. Don't let still photography fool you, there was no stopping for this picture. I should have really posted the other 7 pictures I TRIED to take but failed to actually get Tucker in the picture because he had already taken off like a shot!Tucker was kind enough to capture the moment for me and Addie too. And just because I could...I took my kids to Baja Fresh! Tucker agree to tacos and I ran with it! Addie tried her first bites of apple sauce here off big brother's plate. Tucker also offered her that milk he is drinking in the picture as well as a tortilla chip. What a nice kid! Thanks, but no thanks!
I had a blast with them last night. I feel like a super hero when I can take these two out by myself and actually get something accomplished and have fun.


1 comment:

christyephillips said...

I'm so glad it was successful! It is always nice when you put so much work into it, and it's actually fun! Tucker may have a photography career in his future! He is good!