Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Night Before Christmas

This Christmas Eve was a really special night for me. My Dad got to read The Night Before Christmas to Tucker for the first time. Reading this story was a very big and important tradition in our family growing up. Matt has read this story to Tucker every year but this year was especially meaningful because my Dad read it to him, like he used to read it to me. I remember one year me and my brother Tommy were reading the words along with my Dad and he paused, looked at us and said, "Are you going to read it this year?" and we knew that this was Dad's thing, his moment, and we both knew the answer was "NO!" We never tried to read along again. Ok, so I admitted I didn't cry at Tucker's birthday lunch earlier in the day, but this did choke me up. I think it meant as much to my Dad as it did to me.

1 comment:

christyephillips said...

So sweet, tell your dad I said hi. I love the glasses!