Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Message From Tucker and A Day in the Life...

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvvvvvvvcccccccccccccccccxxxxxxxxxxzzzzzzz
uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbvvvvvvv mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,.......,,......,,,,,,,,,,mmmm,,,,,,,,,,,


Here is his interpretation of what the above typing means:
"Dear Mommy, We love you. Dear Daddy, we love you and we love you."

Ok, so on to the story. Tucker had lots of funny things to say today. Here are a few stories!

Matt was putting Tucker down for his afternoon nap and he said the funniest dang thing!
MATT: Ok, buddy I'm going to go. You need to stay in bed. I will come check on you in a little while.
TUCKER: No, Daddy, Mommy's gonna check on me.
MATT: Ok, we'll both check on you.
TUCKER: Daddy, will you send Mommy an email?
MATT: Sure, what do you want me to tell her?
TUCKER: Just tell Mommy thank you.

Tucker has recently discovered that our Mac laptop is really easy for him to use because there is no mouse and the "click" button is just one big button, unlike the left and right click of a mouse. Because it is easier for him to use he likes to play a few games online. He really likes a Curious George game where he sorts clothes, toys, recyclables, and books. Anyway, this morning he comes over to the computer and says, "Hey Daddy, can you click on P-B-S Kids dot org please? I want to play Curious George." He knew the freakin' web address!

He got a doll for Adeline for Christmas and we let him wrap it today...oh man. I think there is about 6 feet of tape on the present, but only about 3 pieces are actually holding the paper on! He was so proud of his wrapping job that he carried her present around for most of the day telling us that Sister had a Christmas present. He won't leave the dang thing under the tree. He brought it in to her when I was feeding her dinner so that she could see it. I'm sure he will get up in the morning and unwrap it for her just because he is so excited.

Today while I was getting him dressed to play in the snow he told me that we are "best buddies".

Matt was sitting in a chair and Tucker was standing in front of him. Matt had his legs locked around Tucker's waist. Usually Tucker says, "Daddy, open please!" But tonight he said, "Abre". Thank you Dora the Explorer and your animal rescuing cousin Diego.

Tonight after dinner I was feeding Addie her baby food and Tucker was hanging out in the dining room with me. He was sitting "criss-cross-applesauce" (for all you fellow teachers out there) and he said, "Mommy! I have eggs!" I said, "You have eggs?" "Yeah, look!" He leans over to one side and shows me that he is sitting on a bow that I was using to wrap Xmas packages! He was pretending that the bows were eggs and he was a chicken laying eggs!

For his birthday party, Nana and Batbah got Tucker the Diego editions of Chutes and Ladders and Memory. ALL Tucker ever wants to do is play those games. He calls them (phonetically) "Shoots and Yeah-ers" and "Mem-bore-ee". Tucker is so funny when he talks because he will say Daddy just fine, but when you ask him to say ladder he can't say the D sound. He calls Addie "Ah-ee". Matt and I were trying to get him to say a word besides Daddy that had a D sound in the middle and so Matt said, "Say Daddy."
T: Daddy
M: Say ladder
T: yeah-er
M: Say Dadder
T: Dadder
WHAT? Christy and Marta, you are speech therapists...any explaination?
He also doesn't say Ls....He must be watching too much Diego or something because they all come out as a Y sound. Too much Spanish influence, I think.

Tucker is a total riot! He never stops talking and he always has something witty to say...he is very much like Matt.

1 comment:

christyephillips said...

I loved this post! kids are the best, they can totally entertain me forever, I love their imaginations, and interpretations of the world!

The /l/ sound is later developing, don't worry about that. The /d/ sound is kind of a funny thing. He could be dropping it in the middle of words due to "assimilation" (depending on the sounds around the /d/) or it could just be a habit.
You are such great parents! Enjoy the snow, and be a kid! I went sledding with my kids and my sister today, so fun!