Friday, December 19, 2008

Sleep Update: Day 1

I think that no matter how painful last night was, today is worth it! We wore her down so badly last night that she has no choice but to follow our new sleep rules. She doesn't choose when to sleep anymore. There's no more cat naps during the day or falling dead asleep while nursing. Naps are for sleep, awake is for play, period. Already today, Addie has taken a morning nap where she cried for only 3 minutes (SUCCESS) and now she is down for an afternoon nap with minimal crying (again, I think about 3 minutes). If you think this is good, check this out.....TUCKER AND ADDIE ARE SLEEPING AT THE SAME TIME! And like the nut that I am, I'm blogging, not sleeping, wrapping Xmas presents, reading a book that doesn't have Elmo in it, reading a magazine, watching a recorded TV show, calling a girlfriend to catch up or anything else that I haven't done in the last 5 1/2 months!! I guess this afternoon nap time is going to really raise the expectations I have for myself. With this kind of freedom, I should be able to produce some serious projects during the day...maybe even a quilt? (GASP) A clean house? (GASP, followed by "Noooooo") Maybe a clean house, a quilt and read a book front to back? (Oh, Tami...now don't get ahead of yourself. This is just day one!) Well, for now, celebrate with me. Today, December 19th marks the beginning of a more renewed Tami, a refreshed and well rested Mommy, a happier and less naggy wife??? (...ok, again...taking this too far, but I appreciate the optimism!)

No comments: