Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Formal Introduction

"Hello Dog, my name is Adeline Hazel Glem. I'm better known as Addie, Ahh-ee (as my brother calls me), or goober. I'm a newbie to this family but I'm starting to get it figured out. Like when I cry a lot, someone will come get me. I pretty much pick my own bedtime, which I KNOW brother doesn't get to do. And, since I'm the baby, everyone loves me. So, Dog, what do you do around here?"
"Well, Addie, my name is Beauregard Muscogee Glem. I'm better known as Bo, Bo Dog, Bo Bo, Bo Bo Doggins or Bo Bo-Licious. My unique name comes from all the places this family has lived since they adopted me from some doggy-hell-hole just more than 3 years ago. I was adopted with the given name of Alfalfa...how embarrassing is that? So our Dad re-named me Bo. My middle name was given to me because I was adopted from the Muscogee County Humane Society near Columbus, Georgia. Then we moved to Louisiana, that was before your time, girl. We moved to Beauregard Parish, and since my name was already Bo I just got a slight adjustment to my name. But I'll tell ya, I'm sure glad we got out of the Army because I'm sure my name would have just become the family joke, gettin' a new name added on every time we PCS! And you want to know what I do around here? Well, sweetie, the answer is eat, sleep and crap...we pretty much have the same job."
"So, Beauregard Muscogee Glem, who do you think would win if we arm wrestled?"
"YOU WIN! Get off me, Newbie! Next time try not to cheat!" Do we have the best dog or what? What other dog do you know would put up with this day in and day out. Addie is being sweet as pie compared to Tucker! Tucker will pull his tail, hit and chase him with toys and this dog just takes it like a champ. We love this dog and he is just as much a part of this family as these kids who beat him. I just realized last night that Bo has been in more family Christmas photos than either of our kids! LOVE THIS DOG!


3 comments:

Angela said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious!! You are such a funny lady...I wish I could write like that!!

Our Snyder Family said...

I am laughing outloud! I loved reading all of your recent posts. I have been terrible about leaving you comments, but, please know that Brody and I adore your family. We can't wait until Brody is old enought to go to "the place" with the blow-up FUN! Way to go Tucker!

Amanda said...

too funny...I love it!