Sunday, December 28, 2008

One, Two...I'm THREE!

So, the actual 3rd birthday came and went. I have to be honest, I didn't cry this year. I think I was just too overwhelmed with the day that I didn't invest myself emotionally like I usually do. I liked not feeling over emotional, but as crazy as I am, I sort of feel like I didn't "experience" the day because I didn't get emotional about it. Oh, my love/hate relationship with Tucker's birthday is more than I can explain.
We didn't give Tucker anything at his birthday party, we save our presents for his actual birthday so that he has something to open. I can see how as he gets older, keeping his birthday separate from Christmas is going to be more and more difficult. I want him to know his day is special, even with all they hype of Christmas going on. Tucker got a Cars fishing pole. He has figured out how to cast, but I think if we went to the lake he would just cast into the dirt. His casting basically is slamming the end of the pole onto the ground and pushing the button that releases the line! It's so funny because he casts and then tells us how good he is at casting! I love the confidence. As usual, Bo was in the middle of the celebration. Addie and Bo Tucker's birthday cake
Tucker is now 3 and Addie is 6 months old.

1 comment:

Angela said...

He's so big Tami- how on earth does it just fly by so fast? He's just the sweetest little boy and everytime you write baout him I can feel how proud you are. oh and miss-Addie 6 months old? where did that time go as well???