Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Tree Decorated by Tucker

We finally got the tree out of the garage...yes, we are THOSE people who have a fake tree. Maybe slightly pathetic because we live in Oregon and we have a fake tree, but other than missing the great pine tree smell throughout the house...I really don't miss real trees. I don't forget to water the poor thing, we can set it up on December 1st and we don't have a brown tree on New Year's Eve and the best part is that I don't have to pester Matt about how many lights we should have and where they should go. I know that this fake, pre-lit tree eliminates many holiday fights between us (I'm a picky perfectionist and he just wants the job finished)! After we got the tree set up and lights on, Tucker told us that this was the biggest Christmas tree he had ever seen. We didn't try to explain that this is the same tree we had last year! So we got the tree branches spread out and it was time for Tucker to put on some ornaments. I handed over the ornaments and let him put them on anywhere he wanted. He had so much fun and really seemed very proud of the good work he was doing. It was adorable. He is really excited about Christmas for the first time, which makes it so much more fun for me. Getting off track here...so, check out the tree decorating Tucker did tonight!
These ornaments are hanging from the lighting....all 8 ornaments!

We are lucky this branch is actually reinforced wire because there are about 10 ornaments on that one branch! I kept telling him to find a new branch, but I guess these few lucky branches were the only ones good enough to get ornaments!!



2 comments:

christyephillips said...

LOVE IT! I love how there is NOTHING at the top. The question is, did the perfectionist mom leave it that way? :) Is there an after pic.?

Angela said...

HAHAHA!! I agree with Christy...I am totally OCD and will change my ornaments after they go to bed...sue me!!!