Monday, September 29, 2008

1422 and Celebration Day!

Flight to Phoenix, AZ-$99.00 One BMW Motorcycle-$6,000
Gasoline from PHX to PDX-$150.00
Driving 1422 miles and
taking a road trip with your brother--priceless.

Matt and Scott just got back last night from a trip we fondly call "The Short Way Home". For those of you who are familiar with Ewan McGregor and his motorcycle documentaries you will understand. It was a great trip for them and they had a blast. They traveled from Phoenix, AZ through Vegas and Reno and up to Portland. They stayed in hotels along the way, although the original idea was to camp the whole way back. I think the logistics of camping and all the gear that takes, was just too much to plan. Plus, they could shower every night after traveling in 100 degree weather. They both made it home, mostly unscathed, and had a great time exploring new places. There is a disposable camera sitting on the kitchen counter which I can't wait to take in to get developed. I'm so spoiled by digital photography that I can't stand the fact that I have to wait to see the pictures. I bet I will end up doing 1 hour photo just to get some instant gratification. I will be getting the digital CD too, because I'm hoping these boys took some photos worth posting.
For those of you who know (0r care) Matt bought a 2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar and Scott got a 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650. I had to write all that down, I have no idea what all that really means and I'll forget it all once I post this blog. I have to be honest though, it makes me want to ride a motorcycle too. I've never even been on one, except a quad when I was younger, but it looks cool, you could ride cool places and maybe there's something mysterious and sexy about a biker bitch?
...but maybe only if you wear leather pants!
I would want a big bike with big tires. Nothing that goes super fast, or even looks fast. "Touring" is what Matt called it. Even if my dreams of becoming some sexy biker come true, it won't be for several years. I would want to take road trips and that's not happening until Addie is able to depend on other people for all her needs.



Alright, well enough of daydreaming about escaping my everyday life....Let me tell you some exciting things! I have big news today!!!



NUMBER ONE
I officially fit into PRE-Addie pants!!!!
I didn't buy these pants recently, they have been patiently waiting for me to wear them again. Now, you have to understand that these are not the size I was wearing RIGHT before I got pregnant, but these big step down for me! I really couldn't be more excited today. This is why these particular pants are so exciting....I bought these pants 6 MONTHS after I had Tucker and I didn't gain as much weight with Tucker. I'm wearing these same pants only THREE months after Addie. I can't tell you how close I am to planning a last minute party to celebrate my pants and the shrinking butt that's in them!

NUMBER TWO
For those of you who know my braces/oral surgery drama, there is a huge step being taken today. I have an ortho appointment and they are taking that bar out that goes across the roof of my mouth. This may not sound very exciting but it is a super happy day in my life. This bar goes across the roof of my mouth from molar to molar and was used to anchor the tooth they were trying pull out of the roof of my mouth. Since we are no longer trying to pull the tooth down (now going for an implant) the bar is no longer needed!!! This bar pushes lines into my tongue and gives me sores on my tongue that hurt pretty bad. I really can't wait for this afternoon when he takes it out! YIPPPEEE! OH Happy Day!



1 comment:

Angela said...

omg I'm rolling laughing at you and your "biker beotch" comment!!!! You knwo what's funny? I've ALWAYS wanted to ride a bike too...my parents ride and they have these beautiful bikes and the one time I took a ride on my dad's it was the night before my wedding and we drove to Starbucks and back...man I was wanting to be daring that night, thinking of how I would be married the next day and how could I do something crazy- whoa the bike ride was awesome! ha! How's that for a dork? and p.s. I'm thrilled for you and your mouth freedoms!! Did you get Addie's package?