Saturday, October 4, 2008

Recovery

My oral surgery went really well on Thursday.  Today was my first day of really feeling the pain.  The whole left side of my face feels like I got hit with a frying pan.  Percocet is keeping me from just laying in bed and crying all day.  I'm so thankful that this is all over.  This is the worst of it, even though I will have to go back for implant procedures, there's no way they can compare to this.  If you don't want to know the details...just skip the next section....

I have 15 stitches in my mouth.  The incision goes directly back on my palate from my second tooth on the left.  There is another incision that goes along my molars on the top left side.  They folded the palate back and the tooth was removed and I had bone grafting done for the implant site.  I go back on Thursday to Dr. Beadnell for my post-op.  My palate is swollen, my jaw, temple, nose, eye, ear all hurt/swollen...but only on the left side.  

This sucks, but it will pass and one day my smile will be something that I will be truly proud of.  I've always been pretty self conscious about my smile and I know I will feel differently when this is all done.  I think I will have a smile party when this is all done.  I don't really know what that means (ask the percocet) but I'm going to have that party for sure.  Mark your calendars for about 15-18 months from now!  ha ha ha

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Tami I'm so glad you're on percoset! ha!! Wow what a surgey you had...I'm glad it went well and you're ok...and yes you will be so proud when it's all done and for all you went thru. :-) I'm praying for your recovery hun~ enjoy your drugs - !! ha!

christyephillips said...

wow! oowwiiees! All I remember about your smile was it was always there and it always made me smile and be happy! I don't remember any holes. I'm glad you're recovering well and all is going smoothly, especially with the drugs! Angie friended me, I am going to get in contact with her. We just got back from our trip!