Friday, September 26, 2008

Adventures in the 'Shoug

On Wednesday, we had a great afternoon with our friends Patty and Emma. Emma is an adorable and energetic little girl that we enjoy very much. She is about 5 years older than Tucker but she gets along with him so well. This is a short story that tells just what kind of girl Emma is...LOVE HER! She and Tucker were playing on a teeter-totter that was on springs, which made the seat raised up off the ground. It was a little tall for Tucker and when he tried to get off the seat, he fell down and started crying. Emma got down and started crying too because she was so sorry that she had hurt Tucker! She hadn't even touched him...he FELL off the toy! She is so sensitive and kindhearted that she was heartbroken that he was crying. We love her! When it started raining, we relocated to Emma's house. They ran each other in circles around the house and finally returned to the family room with their "prince and princess" crowns!




Nana, this is my apology (in advance) when you get home and there are no tomatoes left....ripe or unripe. Tucker has been picking them ALL. "See Mommy, I pick a tuh-mayo!" No tomato is safe around Tucker. He doesn't want to eat them, he just wants to pick them.




These are the beautiful tomatoes that Tucker can't stop picking. There was a huge, scary spider that I was trying to get a picture of but it didn't work out. I got upset that my camera is smarter than I am. I would like to try to figure out how to use it one day. I can point and shoot...but my camera is cooler than that, I just don't know how to use it. aarrgghh!





My Mom grows dahlias and they are just beautiful! We went out and picked some flowers yesterday because there were many that were open and looking great. There were also some that were looking not-so-good. There was another huge, scary spider hanging out in the flowers. I'm not sure that these are actually "dangerous" spiders, but they certainly don't look friendly. I felt sort of like a Fear Factor contestant cutting flowers...are you going to cut one with a gnarly spider on it or not? The flower cutting ended shortly after discovering the spider. It is obvious that my Mom is on vacation because her dahlia garden is usually looking like something out of a Martha Stewart magazine. Taking pictures of the flowers reminded me again that I would really like to learn how to use this camera. I think it would be fun to be able to take photos and display them in our future home. Maybe that will be a hobby I can learn when I'm not needed 24/7 by Addie. It's nice to dream, isn't it? ha ha ha




These are the wild animals that I have been caring for while staying up at Mom and Dan's house. From left to right...Rikki, Desi and Lucy. If you have ever met these dogs you will appreciate the fact that they are all in the SAME picture. These dogs have entirely too much energy. If they are not running (or jumping up on you) they are shaking with anticipation and excitement of running (or jumping up on you). WILD ANIMALS. That's the bottom line, adorable to look at, but crazy.




Uncle Dan-Dan came over last night and visited for a while. He sat with Tucker while he ate dinner and held Addie. He is a great Uncle! Looking at this picture actually makes me wonder, why am I even taking this picture? I didn't get a shower yesterday and I finally have someone there who is taking care of both my children at one time...and I'm taking PICTURES?? Whoa...I'm feeling a little silly for even admitting that. I think I'll blame it on either "Mommy Brain" or "lack of sleep"...neither is really true, but it sounds better than just not thinking of a great idea.

No comments: