Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stitches...yeowzers! The Final Episode

It just occurred to me that I got test results this week from Dr. Dig-n-Stitch and I didn't share the good news. The lab work they did on the breast tissue came back saying that the remainder of the "abnormal" cells had been removed. Which means that I'm in the clear. No more digging, at least for now. The tests on my shoulder came back as nothing, totally normal cells. The tests on my back showed that there were abnormal cells there too, but all the cells were taken and no need for a re-do on that one. I'm supposed to get rechecked in 6 months. I think what I'll end up doing is picking up my records from Dr. Dig-n-Stitch and go somewhere else.

In my other medical saga, my second to last oral surgery is scheduled for Thursday, OCT 2. It makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth when I think about another surgery. The good news is, I'm not dealing with a backwoods, good 'ol boy, Louisiana surgeon this time. If anyone is in the Portland/Vancouver area and looking for an oral surgeon who is the best of the best, you want to see Dr. Beadnell. www.drbead.com He is a rare find in medical professionals. He is obviously brilliant and talented but he also has a personality (gasp!).

The purpose of this surgery is to remove the tooth that is in the roof of my mouth. My good 'ol boy surgeon in Louisiana did two exposures on this tooth. Dr. Beadnell did a CT scan and found that the tooth isn't able to move (which would have been nice to know two surgeries ago). So he will remove it and do some bone grafting with cadaver bone...SO EXCITING TO ME! (Any suggestions on what I should name my cadaver bone donation-person? I like to name things to help me be less freaked out.) The next step will be to complete my orthodontic work then return to Dr. Beadnell for an implant (last oral surgery) to complete my grill. I don't really know how long this whole process will be but I see my ortho guy on Monday and maybe he will be able to tell me more. I'm very excited because with this oral surgery I know exactly what I'm going to get, the other two we just HOPED that the tooth would come down. I have a plan, I know it's going to work, and there is an end in sight for a 30 year old woman with braces. NICE. You shouldn't wonder why I get carded when I order a drink with dinner.

Wish me luck and hope that Dr. Beadnell prescribes some Valium for me so that I will even get in the car on Thursday morning!!! I cried the whole 30 minute car ride to my last oral surgery.

1 comment:

S. said...

I'm so happy to hear about the good results of your test! Amen!