Thursday, November 6, 2008

Time Out with a side of Time Out, please.

Is there anyone out there who might agree with me that 3 just might be worse than 2??? In the last few days Tucker has pushed me to the edge over and over again. There have been a handful of times that he has gone to time out while being talked to about the first time out. For example, Tucker will kick the dog...Time Out. Two minutes later while we are talking to him about kicking the dog and telling him to "apologize to the dog and give him a nice touch", he will squeeze his eyes shut so that he is not looking at us while we are talking. "Look at my eyes when I'm talking to you...1,2,3...Ok, back to time out" REALLY?!? He can't even get out of trouble from the first thing before he gets busted for the next! Tucker is just lucky that we buy into the Time Out method because if not, he'd be in the hurt and not sitting down for a few weeks. Time Out has been the only reason I haven't laid hands on my sweet son. Life has been challenging for me and probably pretty frustrating for Tucker too. I understand testing boundaries and trying to push buttons, but come on. Give Mommy a break! For anyone out there who needs a vacation, give me a call because in 12-14 months when I wean Addie...there is a major Mommy Rejuvenation Vacation that I'm planning. I don't know the details yet, but you can count on some libations. This Mommy is gonna need it, and I'm sure you do too.

2 comments:

christyephillips said...

SIGN ME UP! I am ready when you are! I hate to say it, but four is worse than 3. Not helpful I know. But Brayden is all about negotiating EVERYTHING! It is ridiculous. Then I catch him saying things back to me, that I say to him. It's not always fun to hear. Sorry you're having a rough time, hopefully it will get better soon. I came real close to an alternative of time-out today, it wasn't pretty, but I was able to leave the room in time, (this was Ellie's fault this time). :)

P.S. your blog is looking cute. i don't know how to make those little changes either.

Angela said...

LOL! I've ALWAYS said- "terrible twos, but God-awful 3's!!" everynow and then...a good 'ol spank or threaten of a spank makes our house a little calmer...altho my Brandon would get spankings and then still slam doors and throw toys- it's enough to drive you to the liquor bottle! ha!!
And as far as the colors of the text- on the Dashboard page, click on Layout, then Fonts and Colors, and see on top where it say text colors? You can change the text color and font style there...and as far as the little dots...on the Layout page there's a "pick new template" tab- click on that, then change the template to something other than the dots you have it on...not sure if you pick another template if it will alter the page layout...but if you want to get away fromt he dots i'd try another one.
Hope this helps!