Friday, May 1, 2009

First Bike!

Last week we went on a bike ride (trike ride) and I realized just how big Tucker is getting! He has totally outgrown the little red trike that he got for Easter when he was 16 months old. His knees nearly touch the handle bars and I think it was actually more work to ride the bike, than to just walk! So that afternoon, we went for it...I nearly cried in the bike shop, but we did it....Tucker got his first big-boy bike!This is a picture of Tucker getting his bike helmet fitting and thanks to the understanding guys at the bike shop, I got lots of wonderful pictures of Tucker picking out his first bike. I was THAT mom. I basically saw the event through my camera lens rather than with my own eyes.
Tucker's bike waiting to go back to the shop area. They checked to make sure everything was in good working order before sending our child out on the streets to ride. We bought his bike from The Bike Gallery in Beaverton and we HIGHLY recommend this place. They were super helpful and it was so cute to see them treat Tucker like a real customer! I think it make Tucker feel very important!

We were afraid that Tucker wouldn't want to wear a bike helmet because we have tried them on in the stores before and he has cried and pulled them off. "There must have been some magic" in that new blue flamed bike helmet because...


HE WOULDN'T TAKE IT OFF!!! He even had to wear it in his carseat on the ride home! We are planning our first family bike ride for tomorrow, so hopefully I can remember to bring my camera!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love it!!! He's so darling!!