Friday, March 5, 2010

Retro Post: Tillamook, Oregon--January 30, 2010

I have never been to Tillamook, but I love everything about it. The ice cream, cheese and delicious yogurt they make is amazing, so I knew there would be much to love if we visited the city and factory. And for all of you Tucker, Addie & Associates Fans out there who are not lucky enough to be from the Great Pacific Northwest, it's pronounced TILL-uh-mook (mook rhymes with book). Gotta love all the Native American influence here that makes all non-natives easy to pick out of a crowd. Which makes me think that I should do a post that is only about all the unique names and quirks that I love about the Northwest. Man, it feels good to be home. Where else can you wear ankle socks with keens and not be stared at? (not that I do that, but I could!) FOCUS...back to the great coast city of Tillamook. Oh, maybe that's a Northwest thing...let me know from my Other Coast friends if this is true for you too... Here we don't really say we are going to the beach, we say we are going to the coast. Or maybe that's just my family? Ok, it's official, no matter which coast you are from you can weigh in on this one. What do you call where the ocean meets the shore?

Addie wasn't tall enough to be a cow and neither of the kids were tall enough to be the farmer...so this is our "face in the hole" picture. Oddly enough, with all the people and families at the dairy, no one offered to take our family picture. I always think that's weird when people aren't that friendly.

After watching the factory workers make the tasty Tillamook cheese, we went back to the restaurant area and tried some of the ice cream...just a Quality Control service that Tucker, Addie & Associates were happy to provide to the Tillamook Dairy. Notice that Addie has a cone in one hand and a spoon in the other hand!


Then we found our way to where the ocean meets the shore, whatever you call that. Oceanside, Oregon was our final stop on this adventure. We saw the water, felt the rain and loved the colors of the sand. What a beautiful way to see the Oregon coast, in the rain...just as it should be.


2 comments:

christyephillips said...

LOVE IT! I want to go! I miss the beach! (My family says beach, BUT my Grandma ALWAYS says coast), therefore I interchange the words often. That ice cream makes me hungry!

Patti said...

from 2 California born people, we always say the beach. What does your mother call it? Bob and I always go to the beach.

Speaking of NW talk, we say in WA that we're going over to the East side....you have to know what that means also! But since you went to school in Pullman, maybe you know this talk term?