Monday, March 1, 2010

...And Again...And Again...

Foot stuck on the lion cub statue at the zoo...This is the sweet action shot of him trying to escape before the picture was taken. I would also like to take this opportunity to nominate myself for Mother of the Year as witnessed by all the fellow-zoo-goers. I SAW you looking at me while my son was pinned to the lion statue. You were staring at me, giving me stink-eye, and whispering to your friends. I SAW you. So instead of letting you talk about me and letting you think I didn't notice, I'll just nominate myself....here it goes.
I nominate myself for Mother of the Year for allowing my son to stay stuck, whether in private or public, so that I can take a picture of him. I will, in my defense, say that he is NEVER in real danger. Although I think he does panic that he might actually be permanently stuck. Feel free to second my nomination, or nominate yourself, if you are so inclined.
The very next morning, he pushed his elbow through the slats on the chair. I could not get him to smile. Maybe the days of getting him to look like he is at Disneyland, instead of being stuck, are over...but don't think that's going to stop me from continuing to document this unprecedented amount of "MOMMY, I'M STUCK!!" events.
...and just for the record, this is a recent photo, he just loves his Xmas jammies. So yes, he still looks like an elf in February.

3 comments:

Dottie said...

Ohhh Tami, your post made me laugh! Tucker is a riot and I love that you take pictures of it! Keep it up, BOTH of you ;)

Jen Stokes said...

This is too funny. It's such a perfect trait of a child of yours. At least when he calls out that he's stuck, you know it's true. Campbell claims it just to get me to come running. One day she is actually going to be stuck one of these days and it's going to be too bad b/c I won't react.

Tami said...

Thanks Megs...although I'm honestly a little afraid where this whole "stuck" thing might lead us as he gets older. I'm kinda thinking the older he gets, the more serious the stuck might be!
And Jen, your crying wolf situation will only be a great opportunity for me to nominate you as Mother of the Year!!! Be sure to blog when that happens!!!