Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Preschool Christmas Party!

Tucker made this Santa hat and he was very proud of himself! Daddy made it in time from work to be able to do all the crafts during the party. My Mom, Matt's Mom, Addie and I came after the party and participated in the sing-a-long and visited St. Nicholas. I wanted Matt to get some special time with Tucker at school because he won't be able to participate as often because of his work schedule.
We are all waiting for our turn to meet St. Nicholas.
Oh, this picture got out of order... This is my Mom (Tucker's Nana) singing Christmas songs!
Tucker and St. Nicholas. Tucker wasn't sure he wanted to talk to this guy, but he did have chocolate coins...so he decided to give it a go. When we walked in to the sanctuary where St. Nicholas was sitting, I looked down the aisle and said, "Oh, it's the Pope" and Tucker yelled out, "IT'S A WEDDING!"
St. Nicholas with Tucker and his teacher Mrs. Scott.
Tucker and his teacher Mrs. Broome. Both of these women are INCREDIBLE. I try to treat them with Starbucks a few mornings a month.
We are quickly gearing up for a big FOURTH birthday on Christmas Eve....how did that happen. I always recall how choked up I get at Tucker's birthday and I don't this year will be any exception. I see him growing up so fast, looking like such a big boy and leaving the baby days behind. I do NOT feel sad that he is not a baby, because frankly, he was a very difficult baby. But I know I will miss these days. It will all fly by and this picture will be replaced by a high school graduation picture, which will hopefully be replaced with a college graduation picture, only to be replaced with a wedding photo...and I can only imagine how it will feel like I only blinked twice.

3 comments:

anna said...

I should not be awake at 2 am and I should not be crying over the birthdays of someone else's kids. STOP the sadness with the graduation weddingness talk. Akkkk. All the babies are growing so fast!

Dottie said...

Tucker's comments crack me up!! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas and Tuckers Birthday!

christyephillips said...

Happy Birthday Tucker! Have a Merry Christmas. I have to say, I think I would have been a little frightened of that fancy St. Nicholas. You have a brave, brave boy! :)