Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tucker's Big Day of Firsts! PART 2

We made a special trip to Providence Hood River Hospital! Tucker fell down on a rock and hit his head, HARD! This is his first ER trip for injury. It was very traumatic...more for me than him, I think.
He was fishing with his new Spiderman fishing pole when it started to fall into the water. He tried to save the fishing pole when he lost his balance and fell down on the rock. His head was not bleeding, but instantly swollen and bruised. I was freaked out and he was screaming! I realized after a minute of screaming that he was screaming about his Spiderman fishing pole...not his bruised face!!
He is fine and the doctor just sent us home with an ice pack and a list of warning signs of concussion. I think in the end, Tucker enjoyed all the attention from me and the doctors. Here are a few pictures and videos of our time at Providence Hood River!

Ice cream made his head feel SO much better!

My Dad ordered a large ice cream cone and THIS is what they gave him. None of us had ever seen an ice cream cone this big before! I had to take a picture of him with that half gallon of ice cream on a cone!!


Here are 2 videos I took of Tucker while we were waiting for the nurse and doctor. He is telling where he was and why we were there. The first video shows why I'm pretty sure he enjoyed all the attention, despite the splitting headache I'm sure he had!



3 comments:

christyephillips said...

So scary! He is adorable, I'm glad all ended well! Tell your dad hi from me!

Hillary Atkins said...

He is darling! Poor guy...but more so poor Mommy!

Angela said...

hey guess what? I went to the ER last week with Brandon too (he's fine...possible UTI but it was nothing...)- man we had an eventful week but I'm glad our boys are ok...what a scare for you!! And I seriously laughed outloud when I saw the pict of that ice cream cone- hilarious!! We need to catch up...what happened to our Starbucks date?? p.s. we're coming thru town again in August- wanna make plans?