Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Must Save Memory of Mother's Day

I didn't post the Mother's Day stuff I was going to because I just got too busy to do it, but there was something that I remembered today that I can't let go undocumented.  

It was Mother's Day night and Tucker was in his bed, I was across the room in the glider nursing Addie.  Tucker sits up in bed and says, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy."  That just warmed my heart beyond words and I said, "Thank you sweetheart.  That was really nice of you."  "Your welcome, Mommy."  So he lays down and settles into his sheets.  A moment later he sits up in bed and says, "Mommy, you say Happy Mother's Day to me too?"  With a giggle so soft that he wouldn't hear, as not to embarrass him to think he had said something wrong, I said, "Sure, Happy Mother's Day, Tucker."  He thanked me, cuddled up in the covers again and fell asleep.  

2 comments:

Angela said...

warms my heart...so sweet!

anna said...

seriously. can he be any cuter?