Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Interior Revealed!

I'm certain that all the mothers out there know that there is never a good time for your kid to get sick. Inevidibly, when they do get sick, the timing couldn't be any worse. That was us last night! Addie woke up at about 1 am and I went in the room to change her diaper and calm her down. When I picked her up, she was incredibly hot! I'm thinking, "Oh man. Honestly? Tonight? Fever? Come on!" My game plan is pump her up on Tylenol, lots of hugs, kisses and water and then put her back to bed. I take her to the kitchen, give her Tylenol and on my walk back down the hallway I hear her making some unmistakable sounds. RUN!!! She's gonna blow! I make it to the bathroom just in time to lean her over the sink...I'll leave the rest unmentioned, I think you know what happened. She has never been sick like this before and she is really scared. Matt wakes up and comes in to help with wet rags, new jammies, and diaper and wipes (he didn't know I already changed her) and ultimately "sink janitor". God Bless Matt! We took her temp and she was 103. I ended up making a bed of blankets and sleeping on the floor with her. She was doing slightly better this morning, but not good enough for me to feel good about going to the new house inspection. If I had gone, that would be some severe Mommy Guilts if I had left her at home.

So, Matt went to the home inspection and took some pictures. Here's the Hillsboro Queen's Unveiling..... (as usual, the pictures are not in the order that I intended. I still don't know how to make the pictures do what I want...oh well)

The main bathroom.
The toilet is straight in front of the door and the bath tub is behind the door.
Dining room. Looking at the exterior of the house, this is the window that is to the right of the front door.
Living room. Looking at the exterior of the house, this is the window that is to the left of the front door.
Family room, picture taken from in the kitchen. The window on the right is the slider to the deck.
Family room again, showing other side of room. Also taken from the kitchen area.
The kitchen and laundry closet, taken from the family room.
Kitchen bar
Kitchen, window looks out to deck and yard
Deck right outside the house. Looking to the left
Deck right outside the house. Looking to the right...notice hot tub and play structure. The wall next to the hot tub is the master bedroom. There is a window in the master that looks out to the deck. One day that window might achieve a higher status as a sliding glass door or possibly french doors?

4 comments:

anna said...

cute cute cute friend!!! I am so happy for you!! It's about time must be going through your head. So fun!!

Rachel May said...

Very nice! Did I miss a spot? Where do you put the dining room table (ie, the center of *my* life)? I love the window seat, and the colors weren't as bad as I had imagined, but I know how individual they can be. Suffered for a year in a house with green carpet everywhere. Ugh. Congratulations, this looks like a GREAT house.

Angela said...

This home is perfect to add your special touch! I LOVE the backyard, how perfect for the kids! And I'm highly jealous of the hot tub...can't wait to come visit!!

Lindsey said...

The house looks great! I'm so excited for you and your family.