Friday, July 24, 2009

One "YEAH" and a "DUH"

YEAH...this week I became an unofficial and non-certified beautician. I waxed my mother-in-law's eyebrows and then I waxed my own eyebrows! It was super fun! It was free and I got exactly what I wanted. When was the last time you got your brows waxed and walked away feeling like, "Man, that was cheap and they look EXACTLY like I want them to!"? That's what I thought! I'm wondering if I'm brave enough for a self-bikini wax?? YEEAAOOWW!!

DUH...this week Matt and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary and he got me a massage for a gift. Tonight I went and cashed in my gift and got a wonderful, painful, relaxing and long massage! Then towards the end of the massage I started asking her what other kinds of massage she does and she told me about "cupping". I was asking questions and she asked me if I wanted to try it. I said, "Sure, if you have time." So away she goes....fish bowls, balls of burning cotton, rubbing alcohol and my back. It felt tingly and weird, slightly painful and good all at the same time.
PART TWO of this story....Tomorrow my soon-to-be-sister-in-law is having her last bridal shower and it's a cocktail party. I just had my favorite strapless dress altered to fit like a charm and I went strapless bra shopping tonight, after my massage. I was trying a bra on and I turned to see my back and HOLY MOSES!!! This nifty "cupping" session made me look like I was severely beaten with a 2x6 ALL OVER MY BACK! WTF??!!?? When I asked for my "cupping" I didn't think it all the way through...of course this stuff is going to give you hickeys all over your back, but I didn't think of it at the time! So here I am with the greatest complex...do I wear the planned strapless dress and answer endless questions about why I got my ass kicked or I can hurry up and try to find a dress that will cover my back. There is always option #3, which is go to Sephora and buy Kat VonD's tattoo cover up and hope that it also cures hickeys! I'm kind of thinking option 2 would be the most fun, but I also don't know if I have that much time. The shower is tomorrow at 2pm! UGH.

1 comment:

anna said...

Kat von D! Makes me smile that you watch that too.