Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm Bringin' Bloggin' Back...

Just to let you in on the secret...you are supposed to sing that title. Think Justin Timberlake...ha ha ha!! Now you get it! ...do a little dance in your seat while you sing...that's it...

I'm going to apologize to all my regular readers...oh, the disappointment of checking this damn blog every freakin' day in September. Only to find that we are still stuck on September 17th. Sorry! Now this lack of blog-a-rific-ness, is not due to a lack of stories or entertaining moments provided by the 3-and-under crowd. It is simply a lack of motivation, time, and discipline. I will not make excuses but will say that we attended 2 funerals, had a mommy/daddy vacation, and I sold $300.00 dollars worth of stuff in a consignment sale in the month of September...did I mention that Matt is gone Monday through Friday? Ok, well enough of the excuses I said I wasn't going to give....

This blog, if it were separate, was to be titled something like "A Penny Saved, Is A Penny Earned" or "Give a Penny, Take a Penny" (like at a mini-mart cash register) or maybe even "ONE PENNY??? WHAT THE F?" Now, I haven't actually decided which one I like the best, but after you hear this story, you might pick option 3.

Two weeks ago I get an email about Matt's student loan. I usually delete them because we do an auto-pay out of our account so Sallie Mae, and her entire greedy, bitchy family, is satisfied for the next 30 days. (Is it necessary to mention at this point in the blog how much I loathe Sallie Mae? Or did you get that memo?) Anyway, for whatever reason, I decided to actually check the email and I discovered that Matt's loan actually had a past due amount because the interest rate went up. Who knows how long ago that interest rate went up, but the bottom line is that the past due amount is something like $15 bucks. So no sweat, we aren't going to suffer a major loss this month to keep our bills in order. So since I have neglected my dear friend Sallie for so many months now, I decide to give her website a little looksie to make sure there isn't anything else that I've missed...like delinquency on her birthday card or something. At first I'm confused, then I'm astonished, them I'm elated. Matt's student loan is down to $85 bucks and some change!!! WHAT?? Could this news BE any better? I'm going to pay the whole damn thing off and never send Sallie another cent...(in Matt's name, anyway...she'll be hearing from me for a few more years still!!) So I get the 10 day pay-off amount and call our bank so that we can change the amount to meet the pay-off amount. The lady is super helpful and very excited with me that we are paying this off. So the big day was September 24th! The big PAY OFF DAY! Yippee!! September 24th, money sent. September 25th, Tami checks Sallie's website.....

Really? Seriously? Is this a joke? Come on, seriously? Ha Ha Ha. You aren't joking? No, no jokes? Okay. So you're sure, Sallie? Alright, well I'll get right on that, then. I'LL SEND YOU YOUR ONE GOD FORSAKEN, MOTHER-LOVIN' PENNY!!!!!!!

The website showed Matt's student loan balance as $00.01. HONESTLY? Isn't there a certain point where one F-ing penny is just a gimme? Couldn't Sallie dig way, deep down in her COUCH and just give us a pass on that one? The STAMP is going to amount to more than the debt we owe! I'm going to put a dime in an envelope and send it to Wilkes-Barr, PA and tell them to keep the change. Share the wealth, give it to some other student who owes ONE damn penny. And if Sallie is really feeling generous, she could pass the change on to my account. But who knows, by the time they charge the interest on that $00.01 balance, Matt just might owe $00.10. OR WORSE YET.....$00.11!!!!! HA!

4 comments:

christyephillips said...

ahhh, congrats. on paying off the loan! i hope you got to celebrate in some little way! i def. would have gone for title #3!

i feel for you, it is so hard when the hubs travels! hang in there, is there an end in site?

i'm glad you love the background too! it looks super cute, i am going to have to change my font colors to match yours! :)

Are you coming to Spokane or what?

Hillary Atkins said...

I'm hysterical! I have missed your blog, but I totally understand! ; )

Thanks for sharing that lovely "Sallie" story, I too, hope to celebrate paying her off someday!! ; )

~kathy said...

I too loath that Sallie Mae. Congrats on ridding her from your life!!

Dottie said...

love the post, seriously 1 cent?! WTH?! Wish I had a penny left on my loan to good ole sally! I might have a party the day I pay it off! Hope you are well.