Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sunny Day at the Park!

The last two days in Portland have been amazingly warm in the mid 70's and sunny...now today is back to clouds and 55 degrees! What a mean trick! We went to a park yesterday for a picnic and playing at the playground. Addie had a bunch of firsts yesterday...First time on a swing. This is something she will have to learn to like, she wasn't too sure this was fun. It didn't really surprise me though, because Tucker hates swinging! He holds his breath and turns bright red. I have to roar at him like a dinosaur to get him to roar back and actually take a breath!
This is the first time (I think) that Addie has sat in the grass. She is saying, "Seriously?"

Tucker is looking older and older every day!!! Yesterday in the car I was asking him what he wanted for dinner and he said, "I'd like fried chicken, please." I kind of laughed because he's had chicken nuggets before but that's about as close to fried chicken as he's ever had. I asked him when he's had fried chicken before and he said, "I had it at preschool" (He doesn't go to preschool!!) I asked him when he went to preschool and he said, "Twenty hours". He answers "twenty hours" and "twenty o'clock" when we ask him when things happen. For example, bedtime, bath time, lunch...all at twenty o'clock. I guess he's more of a military brat than we thought, living on a 24 hour clock!


Addie on the teeter-totter for the first time!

Tucker and Addie on the teeter-totter!

2 comments:

Dottie said...

So cute! I love Addie's pink hat and the strawberry on her shirt. I can't wait until Davis is Tucker's age so I can have fun convo's like that.

christyephillips said...

i love it, what a great idea,a roaring like a dinosaur! My girls are just starting to like the swings. Dani wasn't too huge of a fan and decided to jump off after a few seconds.... it was quite a fall!