Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Ragin' Cajun

I was lucky (and unlucky for Addie and her future prom date) to be able to capture this picture last night. Addie has gotten her teeth in a very...well, Addie way. She has been doing things her own way since the day she was born and this is just one more example of her being her own woman! She got her two bottom teeth and then the next tooth to come in should have been one of the top front teeth...instead...she gets the one on the side! I was a little concerned because I've never heard of this before but my Mom helped me understand why this happened by telling me something like, "Well maybe that's what happens when you make a baby in Louisiana!" Thanks Mom. We will be sure to remind her of her Cajun roots when she is getting her braces on her funky teeth, or lack of, at this point! I love, love, love this girl to pieces...but doesn't she look like some toothless good 'ol boy sittin' in his rocking chair on his front porch laughin with his friends??? Sorry Addie, but I saw too much in Louisiana to think of anything else. I mean, I saw Santa greeting and taking pictures with children on the porch of a funeral home. I saw women shopping at Walmart at all hours of the day and night shopping in their camo pajamas. I saw a parade in town where the main vehicle for pulling the "floats" were quads. What else do I need to say?

2 comments:

christyephillips said...

I LOVE IT! Too funny, she is adorable, no matter what! I can tell she has a great personality too, you will have your hands full!

Angela said...

Both my boys got that tooth too instead of the middle ones!!! In fact, Andrew and I used to call them "Jethro" - HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is the cutest thang...I could just kiss her little cheeks nonstop!