Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Potty Training: Day 2 Complete

So this is Tucker's potty chart after day two! On the first day he earned enough stickers to go to McDonald's for those chicken nuggets I mentioned in the last post. I didn't really think he would be filling up one line per day! OOOOPS! I'm glad that Matt and I thought of some other rewards or we would truly be "SuperSizing" Tucker!!! The potty training goal for today was going to Pump It Up Jr (which is the logo that you see of the jumping kid) so we will be there tomorrow. The goal for tomorrow is going to Target, and I'm assuming that means picking something out! He is doing really well with all of this considering it's only day two. He woke up with a wet and #2 diaper, which was good news because #2 on the potty is total Fear Factor for him. We were worried that he would just be all blocked up because of not wanting to go! (is this too much info? Probably not, if you have been through this before! I will just never admit that I posted online about his private bathroom business!! Hello Prom Date!!) He had a wet Pull Up after nap and had an accident right before bath tonight...thank goodness those sweatpants are absorbent! Besides the accident in the underwear on the morning of day one, that's the only business he hasn't put in the toilet! I'm impressed. This is a huge leap in just 2 days.

When we got home from our big outing to McDonald's, I took him into the bathroom and he went potty right away and then got a funny look on his face. He said, "Mommy, I need to be alone please." So I told him I would come back and check on him and to yell for me if he was ready. I went and told Matt that I thought he was going #2 so Matt goes in there and says, "Hey Tucker, are you droppin' a deuce?" "No Daddy, just poopoo." It was hilarious. So besides the sticker on the chart, he got a few M&Ms and marshmallows....hey, that's a BIG deal! So as we head into day 3, I'm feeling pretty good about the effort of everyone involved. Tucker is doing such a good job and Matt and I have been dedicated to making him go. At the end of the day, we realized that Tucker didn't even wear a diaper today except for overnight. He wore 2 pullups and only one of them was wet! The economy can't get us down now...we are buying less diapers!! YAAAAAHOOOOO!!!

No comments: