Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm STUCK! ...yes, again.

Let me just preface this by saying I did NOT do this to him, I did NOT witness him doing this to himself...all I know is that it happened and it is real.
So we are planning this most excellent trip to Lake Shasta, CA with some fantastic friends. In preparation for the fun boating times, we bought Tucker a lifejacket. He is not a swimmer, not comfortable in the water and we will probably have some serious challenges ahead in the lake. So when we bought this lifejacket, I did not pack it away in the garage on purpose. I wanted to leave it out where he could look at it, ask questions about it and try it on if he wanted to. So every day, since buying the lifejacket, he has asked me to put it on him. I'm thinking, "This is exactly what I was hoping for! Positive interest in the lifejacket! Maybe, just maybe, he won't be as hysterical on the boat as I think he will be". So on about the 5th day of having the lifejacket in the house, I hear Tucker calling me from the other room saying that he is "stuck". He doesn't sound freaked out, he's not crying...in fact, oddly enough, he sounds quite calm. I walk into the living room and find this. He has somehow straightjacketed himself into the lifejacket, but only one arm! I don't even know how you do this. I was laughing so hard. He doesn't even expect me to rush to get him anymore, he just waits for the flash of the camera.

No comments: