Thursday, February 4, 2010

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder...Hopefully.

So... it's not super complex and it's certainly NOT a perfect rectangle, but I made this quilt. I have no idea what size it is and I'm definitely not measuring it because it would be embarrassing. I know for a fact that one end is more narrow than the other because I had to "fake it 'til you make it" on one of the border pieces...don't ask. It has taken me about a year to complete this, which equals a blink of an eye in Mommy Years.

This is a gift that was intended for some one's birthday....LAST YEAR. So I went to the fabric store this morning with the intentions of giving this quilt (again) this year. I have very high hopes, although I have not yet reminded myself that completing the quilt top is only a small portion of the work. My least favorite parts are yet to come...pinning and quilting this bitch. That's going to be one LONG night because I do not have the means to keep this quilt out for more than one night, so I have to stretch and pin it all in one setting. I'll need some knee pads for that one.

I learned to quilt while Matt was deployed and I haven't made a quilt since Tucker was born. If you check the side bar of my blog, you will note that Tucker is more than 4 years old and I know for a fact I didn't make a quilt while I was pregnant...it's been a while. Again, not measuring any of the final product, just happy to be done with the top. I'm honestly surprised that I even made it this far.

I know that posting this blog will let some of my friends know that I'm quilting again (sorta) and that will also remind them that I owe some quilts to their first born. Sorry Katie Elise, Campbell and Emma, trust me, Auntie Tami hasn't forgotten you. Maybe you will get quilts to commemorate your first day of kindergarten?!?

Anyway, here she is....Tami's version of the Irish Chain!


1 comment:

Dottie said...

Tami I love it and I'm sooo impressed! Nice work!